Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun is spraying heavy on one side and light on the other, I've tried every adjustment but am getting nowhere. It has 2 smaller holes and 2 larger holes in the tip, the larger ones I can push a small sewing needle through so they are not plugged. Are they all fluid holes or are 2 air holes? Also, what is the harshest grit to use on cured base before putting down clear? Is 600 to harsh?

·
Registered
85 Posts
What kind of gun? Sounds like you have an air hole plugged. You mentioned pushing a sewing needle through them? Probably not a good idea. Maybe others will chime in but I only use wood (like tooth picks etc) or soft plastic to clean my guns. I have brushes that have metal in the middle but am always very careful when using those. Hopefully you have not made one hole bigger than the other.

On the BC, don't sand it before clear. Sand primer before sealer or BC and then do not touch the BC (I don't even leave the booth) before spraying clear. If you have imperfections that you are trying to level in the BC, you can sand with 600 to level then re-BC then clear.

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you need to sand the base best to use some 800 then apply fresh coat of base before you clear

as for the gun.... might need a good clean?

what i do is buy some gun wash and strip the needle out air cap off fluid tip off and put in a gallon tub .... leave over night then blow down all bits then put back together

usualy dose the trick for me

hope this helps

tommy

·
SPI Thug
3,274 Posts
my iwata is several years old. still looks new. clean your gun with the same reducer you used in the paint. lacquer thinner is useless for cleaning guns anymore. clean it as soon as you finish and you will never have this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.