Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the plunge on this dent puller. It's the cheapest aluminum dent puller on the market. I will update this review as I gain more experience with it but so far everything looks high end.

The aluminum collet requires two grounds and comes with a bag of magnesium studs for 6000 series of aluminum and a bag of silicone studs for 5000 series
aluminum. The Magnesium are much more common on today's vehicles. After you weld your stud on you screw in a reusable loop for multi pulls with a claw and bridge while applying heat. Thankfully I already have a pull lever claw that will work just as well. I will just need a third hand to aim the digital thermometer on the panel to not exceed 450 as to not anneal the metal as I'm pulling. Once the metal is cooled back down you stop pulling.

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this collet attachment is for multi pulls. This utilizes brass keys with holes in them to be used with a rod and claw. This is far superior to wiggle wire as you are allowed to place the keys as close as you want to each other as opposed to being limited to the spacing wiggle wire allows. The keys are also reusable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.