Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
No Street racing at all!

This site does not promote people who think its OK to street race any time on any day. Don't go out and do someting that stupid and come back in here and brag like you did something cool because its not. At any time somebody not expecting two ideots running at 100mph+ to be on the street and you might have killed them. Keep it up and you will cause or be a street racing fatality. Man that was really stupid Dude!! Even dumber to brag about it.....really really stupid!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
81 Posts
tm454

tm454, so your telling me that NEVER in your life have you raced a guy light to light, or full out on a highway or back road or whatever...?? When you were a teenager didn;t all the cars come with like 350 horse stock... like the old beaumonts and such..??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
We've all done it or will do it at some time(s) or the other, but this site doesnt promote and condorse it. Same with lying, foul language etc. We all do it but this site doesnt support it and doesnt want to have it on it's forums which I think is good.

Mike

This is what I posted a while back ago on this board

Nightfire said:
Put yourself into this postion:

You have a 17 year old kid, he's your only son. Since he was 14 you've been working on his ride: a big block powered Chevelle.
The kid is the pride of your life. He learned everything from you and even installed the whole drivetrain in the Chevelle without needing your help. He's gonna be a mechanic....just like you are!
You just finished painting his chevelle dark metallic red with white racing stripes.
The kid is a member at a car forum and always reads post of other people his age or younger talking about their first street race or how they beat that civic. He knows street-racing is bad but they never say anything on the car forums against it....in fact, youself as a parent even told him about those old days when you used to race your Impala against that Beetle!
Now one day your kid takes the Chevelle out to drive to his friends house. Before he leaves you tell him you love him and that that night you still wanna finish priming your hot-rod. With a big smile on his face he says "Dad, it's gonna be awesome! Maybe we can even go for that 2-tone paint job I've been telling you about!". You say goodbye and think to yourself "that kid reminds me of myself....so energetic and car oriented"
You hear the Chevelle start up and watch him back up out of the drive away. Off he is.
Alone in the car he puts on the radio and heads to his friends. On the way he stops at a red light. He hears the car beside him rev up. When he looks he see's one of his friends from school in his Honda Prelude playing the latest rap tune out of his pioneer system. "Let's go preppy" he screams........Your kid struggles in an emotional battle. "To race or not, that is the big question". After hesitating for a while he revs up the Chevelle and gives his friend the finger. The light turns green and the Prelude and Chevelle are both off. They hit 95mph when suddenly a little crosses the street on her bike withouth looking. Your kid slams the brakes, so does the Prelude. The Chevelle gets out of control and starts skidding. After a split second the Chevelle flips. The little girl gets hit by the Prelude and she flies across the road with a stream of blood marking her trace. Your sons Chevelle now completely flipped and he got a major concussion. The glass is broken and thousands of little glass pieces shot into his face. His lips are swollen and his neck broke. The kids out of the Prelude run out to check if the girl is ok. She doesnt breathe anymore. When the ambulance comes they rescue your son out of the car. He is covered in a blanket and you get the worst call of your life. "I'm afraid your son is dead. He died in a car accident".
Your only son is dead, killed by the cause of street racing, triggered by a car forum where street racing was a "cool thing" to do.
Imagine...........now imagine the parents of that little girl.....Imagine.
If you are going to street race, you are putting yourself into a possible murderer position.

Mike
Hope you read it....

Mike

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
You might do something stupid...

you just don't post it and brag on it like it was cool to do because it's not! I went to the drag strip with my cars as so did most of the guys I ran with. I posted a story about a High School friend killing his best friend with his graduation present in 1966 in a street racing accident. This street racing is nothing new its just really stupid to do considering the consequences or possibilities. Just say no to street racing, you may just save your own life Dude!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
215 Posts
But I'm sure most people have done it.

No, in fact most people HAVE NOT done it.

Also keep in mind this was in the middle of the night so no one but us were around

That's a mistaken notion. For one, since you and this other guy were there, obviously someone (you) was out in the middle of the night. What makes you so sure there wasn't some other kids at another crossing intersection just like you?

Not racing when you think no one is around is a choice only you can make. It's like stoping at a stop sign in the middle of the night when you think no one is around. You do it because it's what you're supposed to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts