Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I like to see a hemi in just about anything but..... and I hate to say this..... there are just times and places where a SBC really belongs. That hemi could be more useful and more valuable in a mid '60s "B" body Mopar. :D

Reactions: AutoGear

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Centerline said:
I like to see a hemi in just about anything but..... and I hate to say this..... there are just times and places where a SBC really belongs. That hemi could be more useful and more valuable in a mid '60s "B" body Mopar. :D
Couldn't agree more.
This guy is trying to get some track numbers though, I think the engine is a BIG power engine, and the car is a 10.5 tire car...

Well built car for sure.....?

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
Well at least its easy to change the spark plugs now. :thumbup: Besides, who wouldn't want a twin turbo hemi?

·
bodyman
37 Posts
I remember

I remember my first engine swap back about 32 years ago. Had a 68 cougar with a worn out 289 and had a 350 just sitting there so.....yep I did in it went and fought for a month wiring it up and getting it started. didn't know alot back then but it worked.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I love it, but I like different engine swaps that break the rules! Tired of seeing the same old engine and car matching brands myself. I've got a SBC 327 in my old Austin sedan, and a BBC 464 in my '63 Falcon. I think it's cool that the owner is building outside the box.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Waste of a perfectly good car! Ruin it with a Chrysler product. Ugh! Id rather see a Coyote 5.0 or a Vortec 6.2 in that...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Years ago there was a guy 15 miles from me that built a Gremlin with a 440 in it. I looked like a Pro Street car, but he said he never raced it, he just used it to go to the grocery store.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
EEErrp!
put a 327 in my MG-C a million years ago, speaking of austins (pulled the stock A-H 3000 engine.) flipped it over into a ditch trying to stop it. oh well. long story short: bla! F-ing hills with stops signs on the other side of them! :pain:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts