Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this website and it looks pretty handy. Internet is sure making our lives easier and hot rod problems more manageable. I've owned and modified many cars from Muscle Cars ('70 SS Chevelle, '70 340 Duster) to others, ('65 and '70 T-Birds), and my favorite, a 56 F-100 w/ 429, 4 speed and 'glass front end. Looking at building 56 Crown Vic gasser next w/428 or 429.
I found this site because of the reviews on Sanderson headers. I'm sorry to say I put a set of them on my F-100. Between overheating my starter, (try finding a 429 Ford starter in Wakeeney, Kansas) warped header flanges/blown gaskets, I won't be using them again. Hopefully some other company makes headers for big block Ford/early F100 combo's.
On that subject, you want a hairy ride that's cheap? Drop a late 60s/early 70s t bird 429 in one of these trucks! You'll never get the grin off your face! Drove mine across country twice, passed everything but a gas station!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.