Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ours too! Have to have dinner tomorrow cuz I have to be back at work @ 2300hrs Monday night. Not enough time for a big turkey dinner, cleanup and a nap before work, so it's been bumped up a day. No one seems to mind.

I'm baking Pumkin pie right now, as a matter of fact, and it smells....sniiiiffffff.....WONDERFUL....sniiiifffff.

Ooops, gotta go, the oven's beeping.

Chickie.

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Ugh...what an awful time to head to work. I don't miss my days of being on-call 24/7 - I work from home mainly these days. On-call evenings and weekends still but it's not so bad.

We always do our dinner on the Sunday so we can have the Monday to lounge..lol. Not much of a gathering this year...just the boys and I and perhaps my sister if I can find her. But it's okay - it'll be quiet and peaceful. :)

I...gasp...bought a pumpkin pie this year. But I've got to get started on the butter tarts soon. Tell me why I'm going to this effort for little ones that don't really eat that much of this? Oh right...it's so they have something to talk about on Tuesday at school...lol.

Get that pie! I'd be able to hear the whining from your guests from here if that puppy got burned!

Later,
Kristen :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nope, Canada Day is July 1st! :D

Daaayyyuummm but those pies look good. Nicky (see Avatar) can't wait to taste them. He tried to stick his finger in one but it was hot out of the oven and he almost burned his little finger. Guess he'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Chickie.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
my favorite holliday. Any day where I can shoot the breeze with people I don't see more than a couple of times a year, get drunk and stuff myself till I can hardly move, all while watching football?

You gotta be kidding me, that must be what you do when you go to heaven.

K

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
happy turkey day to all you canadiens:welcome: i need to know one thing though, if the pilgrims and the indians didn't have dinner in the great white north what specifically are you cellebrating?

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
helrazr3 said:
happy turkey day to all you canadiens:welcome: i need to know one thing though, if the pilgrims and the indians didn't have dinner in the great white north what specifically are you cellebrating?
No, it wasn't the Indians and the Pilgrims................it was the Frenchmen and the Eskimos.

We have our Thanksgiving early, because by the time yours rolls around, it is frozen solid up here.......lol

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
You mean we don't have it in October just so we can break up the Thanksgiving Turkey and the Christmas Turkey with some Halloween Candy in between? Dang!

Chickie....awww...poor Nicky! Just can't wait, eh? How old is he?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING RIGHT BACK AT YA!

Just came from work, boy I tell you there were TONS of people in Superstore today, could hardly keep up with the pop and dairy.:sweat: man look like all Manitoba was shoppping for their thanksgivnig dinner tonight....

Mike

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i'll have you all know that i make an awsome apple pie and i make it all from scratch, i have friends and family asking me to make them pies for there holiday gatherings

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pieeeee:drool: :drool:

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
4 Jaw Chick said:
Ours too! Have to have dinner tomorrow cuz I have to be back at work @ 2300hrs Monday night. Not enough time for a big turkey dinner, cleanup and a nap before work, so it's been bumped up a day. No one seems to mind.

I'm baking Pumkin pie right now, as a matter of fact, and it smells....sniiiiffffff.....WONDERFUL....sniiiifffff.

Ooops, gotta go, the oven's beeping.

Chickie.

Oh the job hazards of being a Nurse

Al

4 Jaw Chick said:
LOL, no doubt!:rolleyes: I'm always ready early and my Dad always buys the turkey.

Kristen...Nicky is 4. His sister Sarah is 4 and their brother Lucas is 7, and they all LOOOOOOVE pie!

Chickie.
WHAT? I can't believe there is no little 4 Jaw Chuck. Who is going to carry on the GREAT NAME of "4 Jaw Chuck"

I LOOOOOOVE good turkey and pie also. Too bad its such a LOOOONG drive from Texas. I don't believe I can make it this year. DANG IT and I have my appetite all primed and ready. I suppose I will just have to wait another month to enjoy the feast.

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING
We need a turkey Avatar.

Al

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
<<I'm baking Pumkin pie right now, as a matter of fact, and it smells....sniiiiffffff.....WONDERFUL....sniiiifffff.>>

Yumm. I think I can smell it from my place.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic weekend.

A person can't help but love the summer weather conditions we are having.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.