Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im restoring a '85 Grand National and my client is worried about the surface rust inside the door. Its not everywhere, in fact there is very little, but he wants it perfect (he's a rare breed). Im wondering if I sand and epoxy what I can reach and convert what I cant , would that be acceptable? If not what would? And any tricks on reaching those areas that are inaccessable would be appreciated. Thanks. Trevor from Gulf Breeze, Fl.

·
point on positive
1,680 Posts

In these cases Rustmort can be sprayed in with a spray bottle then compressed air is used to blow in there to swirl it around as much as possible...then repeat till it's coated , give him a 25 year guarantee :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Restoration Depot in Wauchula FL will (non acid) strip/dip the doors for approx $100 each to remove all the rust

when they come back, clean the insides with paint prep cleaner then pour epoxy inside and "slosh" and turn and rotate the doors till all is coated

website: restorationdepot.com (has a price list for strip/dip any car part)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.