Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not run across a whole lot of in depth info on this one. Wonder what various folks input is here or if anyone has any favorite links on this subject.

Once you modify say a SB 350 a little say w/ different pistons and slightly higher RPM range - how 'correct' will the stock damper be?

For that matter how do you select a different replacement that is 'correctly' tuned to the modified engine?

Finally any thoughts on the Streetdampr? In my case I have absolutely no need of an SFI rated damper and will not see anything north of 5800rpm or so.

thanks,

·
WV hillbilly
781 Posts
pgtr said:
I've not run across a whole lot of in depth info on this one. Wonder what various folks input is here or if anyone has any favorite links on this subject.

Once you modify say a SB 350 a little say w/ different pistons and slightly higher RPM range - how 'correct' will the stock damper be?

For that matter how do you select a different replacement that is 'correctly' tuned to the modified engine?

Finally any thoughts on the Streetdampr? In my case I have absolutely no need of an SFI rated damper and will not see anything north of 5800rpm or so.

thanks,

Factory Dampers ware out, and the timing marks could be off, imo I would buy a new damper, even if its a new factory replacement, I picked up a Chrome plated Balacer Cat Brand for like 60$ its shiny and its functional, and best of all its new...no worries

hope this helps...

2wld4u

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I agree the orig damper is *out* - guess I wasn't clear on that but I have no interest in the current original (old used heat cycled) damper. So it could be an OE replacement just like the current one, aftermarket, hi-perf. or whatever... thus my questions on damper recommendations...

What influences a good design and what are some good recommendations for a SBC 350 and how much is needed for a street driven roughly mid-performance engine?
(cosmetics aren't important just a TDC mark and paintable is all I need in that dept)

thanks, I'll check out the one you mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts