Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my money back for the PPG Epoxy Primer that the auto body supply shop told me to use with DuPont Centari. As he gave me the cash, he advised me to tell all those who advised me not to mix this combo to "get into the real world."

He then said that DuPont Epoxy Primer only comes in gallons and is $166.00. Does this stuff come in quarts? I'm only painting a trunk lid and on fender.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did want to stick to one system and the guys in the shop are trying to bull**** me. This board has offered me safe sound advise and I told the guy in the store I wanted my cash back. He came across with the money and now I'm happy. I'm going to another store with a better reputation. This isn't a matter of placing blame on the people on the board. This is a matter of placing blame on a guy who only knows stock numbers. The guy I dealt with behind the counter hadn't a clue about paint. He was a "salesman" trying to get my money and nothing more.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all this info, guys! I'm smarter now than I ever was. In my search for supplies, I met an oldtimer who runs a paint store in NYC. This guy set me straight on the whole thing. I'm going to be using DuPont Centari and will start with their Variprime followed by the sealer. From there I will top coat withthe Centari.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.