Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through all 116 pages of the knowledge base and spent about 2 hours reading posts. looking for a couple questions i need answered.
Please , laugh out loud if you need too!!!

TCI makes a manual shift kit for the 4l80e trans! Does the kit stop the trans from locking up? Do you still have overdrive?
TCI also makes a vaccum controller to operate the lock up(If i have it right) on the 4l80e.
I am still looking for the right trans for my COE project truck , and have found a 4 wheel drive (4l80e) in good shape for $100.00. It would be a steal at that price.Even though i would have to change the tail shaft and tail shaft housing. I need to understand if this manual shift kit does infact do away with the computer. It will be used for light hauling. Please advise, and thanks for being patient with me. Have a fun day! Good to see some of you are still here.
Slider in Wa.

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
answering some of my own questions.

So the manual kit would allow use of all 4 gears(OVERDRIVE). It would be manually shifted. But you would still need to find away to lock up the converter right?
Thanks.
Slider

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
You need to ask TCI how their product finctions.

Most full manual 4L80E units I have seen are non lock up type.

You also must control main line pressure. Transgo uses an internal vacuum modulator for pressure control

1 - 3 of 3 Posts