Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just talking to my machineist about my motor and he gave me some advice. I told him that I wanted to use Perf. RPM heads on my 383 and he told me to go with the vortec style E-Tec heads. now this motor is going into an S-10 so I don't need a stupid amount of torque. I already have a victor jr. intake I was hoping to use but its not crutial..any suggestions? I'f I have left out critical information please let me know..

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
If you already have the intake, use the RPM heads. They are much better, durability wise, than the Vortec. The Vortec head is a GM thin casting (read cracks,warps,etc). With limited performance potential (needs springs, machine work, special rockers, etc). It also needs a special intake.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Since you already have the intake, go with the RPM's Id say.

However as you are talking about Edelbrocks version of the Vortec heads I imagine they took care of the thin castings and upgraded the valve springs. From what I have read they have the potential to make some decent power. However I have seen many engine combos (Edge sent me a site once) where they use the RPM's on engines up to 430 hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys thats what I wanted to hear! and yeah I was talking about the edelbrock versions

Thanks
Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts