Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to install my engine in today everything went smooth until i went to install my headers, i have the same headers as when i bought the car they are 2 1/8" not sure what brand are they but they are welded over my frame on both sides and just spent 3 days installer header wrap on them, it looks like the ARP bolts behind the headers wont let me bolt up my headers,

I am not pulling the motor to grind the headers flange!, Can i use my Old GM orginal bolts, or if i take the washer off the ARP ones will have enough clearence?'

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Give ARP a call. I had a couple of unique bolting situations and gave them a call - they came up with bolting that worked and surprisingly, at a very reasonable cost.

If calling fails, I would first try to grind a relief in the header flange using a 90* die grinder and a carbide burr. I would as a fall back position, maybe install a NEW GM bolt.

This is one the die grinders that I have - sorry about the thumb nail but I'm doing a house cleaning on Photobucket:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.