Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard you cant use Accel Shorty Plugs in Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads. Anyone know anything about this. Is there some other header plug I should run. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
199 Posts
You will need to do some searching but there are several plugs available that are the same length as Accel shorty plugs. Accel plugs IMHO are garbage. When I first bought my car they were in it but I have since changed and have used AC Delco and Autolite plugs that are the same length as the shorty Accel's.
The key to working with headers is to have the proper header socket and other tools to allow you proper access to the plugs for install and removal.
I can change plugs in my Regal with SBC in 15 minutes with my header socket and ratcheting closed end wrench.

www.powerhouseproducts.com

P/N POW301150 5/8" Spark Plug Socket
P/N POW301155 13/16" Spark Plug Socket

It appears they have realized the true value of these things. When I bought mine I paid about $30 USD. They are now $45 USD. Still well worth the loot!!!!

Once you use these you will never change plugs without them!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Know about the autolite plugs there suppost to be the best. Local auto parts store tried to sell me the accel shorty plugs. Anyone have a part # on a short set of autolites (For Headers)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have you tried the Autolite AR3933?
Is the spark plug wire boot contacting the header or are they just really hard to get at?
I was told I needed shorty plugs too but once I had the proper spark plug socket it was clear that the recommended plug was fine for my application.
Of course if the boot is contacting the header that poses another issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.