Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 49 chevy 1/2 ton pickup with a mustag TCI IFS. I have a 350 sbc and need to run new exhaust. I presently have full length headers. The entire exhaust system runs to low to the ground. Any bump that I go over they bottom out. The sbc is stock. I'm sure there some one on this site with this type of pickup that has headers. The question is what is recommended? Block huggers or what. Someone on another site suggested to use cast iron manifolds? I want to keep the deep sounding that I get now.

Marcus

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
I would go with the block huggers. Sounds like you are going to have to redo the whole system, tucking it up as high as you can. One of the pitfalls of lowering a vehicle.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Any of the name brand header manufacturers make good block hugger headers. It's just a matter of personal preference. I would stay away from off brands though. Lots of times the welding isn't that good and the mounting surfaces aren't all that thick so they tend to leak.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.