Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a tricky one. I have a 65 Corvette with factory side pipes. I have replaced the original engine with a 383 stroker to protect the original engine. now, i used Edelbrock E-tec 200 heads which have a higher exhaust port than the factory heads. So, now i need to find a header that will not only replace the stock rams horn manifolds, but also be long enough to reach the side pipes. i would also like for the headers to be ceramic coated and if possible have a 2.5 inch dump so they will bolt right up to the side pipes. If anyone has any great ideas on how i can hook all the stuff up without really altering the nice pipes too much i would really appreciate it. The pipes are not the original ones and i am willing to modify them, but not too much. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have the ETEC 200 heads on my 383 Stroker and I used the Sanderson coated cast headers. A slight amount of porting had to be done on some of the ports to get a perfect port match. They have the 2 1/2" dumps that are slightly closer to the block than your stock rams horn manifolds. You should be able to get a good muffler shop to make the connecting pipe to your side pipes. You will not regret going this way over the tube headers.

Trees

1 - 4 of 4 Posts