Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using abs for headliner in a 51 chevy truck, also making a molded piece for top of cab to bottom of rear window in rear, on the headliner, im simply covering a panel, might use a little heat to get a little curveo on the sides, i have plastic christmas trees that i can install hidded, or i have screw in things with a vinyl covered snap on cap i can use, so question…..any one better than the other, or any reason not to use one? And any reason to use or not use 1/8-1-4 “ foam under the vinyl?
next, rear panel,,,,basically same questions, and whats the best way to do the tight curve in the rear corner? Heat and stretch or cut relief slots , back it with aluminum, and rivet, then cover,

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,701 Posts
I'd like to hear about how someone goes about creating radius panels for the interior as well.
I could do something like this from metal, but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you use ABS...make sure you scudf it really well and use wax and grease cleaner on it or your glue want stick good.

If you use landau foam scuff it as well or the top layer film will pull loose over time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flush glass, , any ideas how to finishor trim around rear glass if i glue vinyl right on the metal cab? There is a slight angle right next to glass, and no rubber or trim to hide edge under
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts