Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying that stuff that JC whitney carries that is kind of like dynamat type insulation. By that I mean the reflective padded insulation. I would use it first for my headliner insulation. then as I fix the floor and other interior pieces I would use it for the floor and interior panels. I was just wondering what other guys have used and how well it worked out.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
i have used it quite a lot, works good, you have to be really careful what you put against the roof and what kind of glue you use, roofs get godawful hot and regular trim cements let the insulation sag down onto the headliner after a while,, use good high quality contact cement, industrial stuf, makes your fingers stick together for a week, that kind. Whitneys interior stuff mostly comes from the same sources that the trim shops use,good stuff.

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Be careful of the insulation that is basically like bubble wrap with a layer of foil on either side of it. It works well, but when you put it on the floor, your heels will pop the bubbles and your floor will be very uneven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts