Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I had a quick question...my heat went out in my car-ok- my sister was telling me that there may be a kit that I can hook up to my car to keep it warm until I get it fixed...I've never heard of this but if anyone has PLEASE let me know...I would REALLY appreciate it...it is going to be a cold weekend- 2 and 3 degree weather...please help me...Thanks in Advance,

Erica/PeachyE :welcome:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

What EXACTLY went out on your heater? The Fan Motor?

Check the FUSE that Say's AC/HTR on the fuse panel first..

The Heater vent doors may be stuck open, or in the AC mode..they can be mechanical. (cables) Electrical, or Vacuum controlled..so you would need to check those too.

Has the cooling system been flushed (ever)? you may have a WAD of crud blocking the hot water to the Heater core, that needs to be flushed out..this is the usual cause of heat loss.

I'd first check the heater fuse, then Flush or have the cooling system flushed and refilled with water and proper mix of antifreeze for your climate..This usually corrects about 90 percent of heating problems, but if not you'll have to investigate the vent door functions.

I have never heard of a "KIT" for heat in any cars...then again, I live in California... 'spose it could be true..

Doc :pimp:

·
life is a ride
1,540 Posts
Check out www.jcwhitney.com they sell a Jeep thing called "Mohave Heater" for $159.

Or go to junkyard and get a heater core and fan, in the housing, from any car.
Run (2) 1/2" hoses to the inlet and outlet nipples of the heater core and connect to vehicle (heater) water lines.
Hook up 12 volts to the fan motor (from the cig. lighter).
Duct tape and cardboard.....as needed. :sweat:

Your electrical system does not have enough capacity to run an electric heater that will do the job. You will need to run hoses to the (engine) hot water that is normally used for vehicle heaters.

vicrod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts