Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heater on my 04 silverado works for awhile then gets cold..if i shut the fan off for a few minutes and turn it back on sometimes it will be hot again but other times it will still blow cold air.....thermostat perhaps????
thanks
Jason

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
jasrking said:
The heater on my 04 silverado works for awhile then gets cold..if i shut the fan off for a few minutes and turn it back on sometimes it will be hot again but other times it will still blow cold air.....thermostat perhaps????
thanks
Jason
It coulde be coolant level, check that first. It could also be the actuator (either electric or vacuum) that is causing the problem. Check for any vacuum leaks. Does it have climate control?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it has the generic climate control if that makes any sense.....i put in a new thermostat and added coolant...it was working before i did this so i dont know if it fixed the problem or not since it is so speratic...only time will tell..thanks guys
jason

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
i don't know if there is any similarity between the heater design on GM and Ford, but Ford trucks have a lot of problems with cracking/breaking of the pivot on the blend door where it connects to the electric actuator. If that part breaks, the actuator is moving, but it is not moving the blend door, and you don't get any adjustment in heat.

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.