Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 64 olds super88. i have replced the original 394 motor with a 350 chevy. the problem i'm having is how to hook up the heatercore. my radiator does not have a fitting in it for a heatercore hose. the original motor had a fitting on the back of the intake for one hose and one in the waterpump for the second. the 350 only has a fitting in the front of the intake. it has serpentine system drive belt so i cannot change the waterpump for one with a fitting in it. can anyone help me?

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
I never seen a Chevy pump without a heater hose fitting. Is this a stock pump?

Anyone help here?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am also confused about not having a heater port on the pump. I know the F body's use a heater line on the intake and radiator, at least in 91 they did.

I've been thinking about this one, and I have a few suggestions.
1) Tee into the radiator hose. You'll have to make a custom adaptor
2) Change the rad. tank. ($$$!)
3) This one's a long shot, but.... what about tying in one hose to the fitting in the head by the plugs (between 6 and 8).
Its a pretty small opening and it may be too much of a restriction.

Anyway, some thoughts on a lazy day off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Big block cadillacs are like that. You can use a T of sorts for the big radiator hose that goes from the pump to the radiator to get you by in a pinch. Basically its a coupler for the big hose with a nipple coming off of it for your other heater core connection. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't get enough circulation that way as its the same as t'ing off your radiator or off a nipple that is physically made into the pump housing.

btw- if you can't fine one you can also make one...assuming you or someone you know can weld well enough to avoid leaks.

edit - should have read curly's response before posting my two cents. His option one is what I just described. I think thats the cheapest/simplest way to roll.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts