Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been browsing for a couple of weeks and decided I should sign up.

I'm 22 years old, attending college at OSU in Columbus, Ohio. My major is Biological Science/ Pre-med.

I've been around cars my whole life since my dad was a big gear head from the 60's. I'm pretty good in the mechanical aspect of cars. Engines, suspension, drivetrain I'm pretty well versed in.

I currently have two slowly moving projects. I've got a 32 ford roadster that I bought when I was 14 with money from a summer job. I've also just been "given" a 62 impala with the stipulation that if I fix it, I can drive it. Both are extremely slow going since Ohio State gets all of my money right now.

My hobbies include cars, (obviously) motorcycles, playing guitar and I'm starting to pick up painting and airbrushing. (cars)

I'm looking to learn several things from this forum including body work techniques like metal shaping, bumping, prep and paint. I also vew this as a tool for discovering new/different techniques other then what my Dad and his cronies have taught me.

Nice meeting you all and I hope I can gain mucho info as my projects progress.

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Welcome. I see you are in "Gasser Country" - Ohio rivaled So. Calif. as the Willys Gasser capitol back in the 60s. Sounds like you have a couple of nice projects there. Start a journal and post some progress pictures of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, as soon as this weather breaks, I'll be starting on the impala. I'll post some pics then.

I'm a big Willys fan. I eventually want to build a 41 Willys. My Dad especially like the '33's also.

Cool stuff...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts