Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is my ornament up for bid. Had no idea what it was came with stuff in a box from an estate sale. I am curious about all the fuss of what car it came from. Can anyone tell me what it is. The bidding has started so I cant change the price I am just bewildered on what it is and why they want it so much. Thanks for any help

***************************************[/URL

·
Administrator
8,551 Posts
30s pierce arrow maybe??
Actually, there was a car called an aerosmith. No kidding, that is what it looks like, aerosmith had a picture on there albums that was like that.
I do believe that is from an aerosmith. IIRC they ran on steam.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is some very interesting info... wow i need to do a little more research before i put something up for bid at .99 on ebay from now on. Guess the quote: "Some peoples junk is another peoples gold" makes its stand on this. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

·
Administrator
8,551 Posts
I thought REO ( at least after I thought we were back in the 70s and it was aerosmith)

I just couldnt find anything in the sites I was searching that older than about 1929.
It looks older, the casting is a little rougher, and doesnt look chromed like some of the 20 ish models.
My thoughts were 1910-1920-

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,074 Posts
I believe that it is not a factory hood ornament but rather a "aftermarket" ornament. Or perhaps not a automobile part at all. It may have topped a stanchion of some sort. The casting is way to rough to have come from a Automobile manufacturer. Too many blemishes and grinding marks. Gate part or flagpole?
BB:confused:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help

Thank you all for your help. After hours of researching I tend to agree with the Motometer motorminder part. Still havnt identified what it went to but I did see several that were close in looks and form and material. I really appreciate the help. The bidding is coming to a close and will try to get the winner to tell me why they wanted it what it is. Will let you know then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.