Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I am a typical middle aged geezer that just can't get hotrodding out of my blood. Too many projects going on at one time too. I currently have a 56 Bel Air original restoration underway with "only" engine compartment, wiring and interior remaining. Although it is totally matching numbers original 265/PG, I can't get the thought of an LT1 with overdrive and A/C out of my mind for it. This will be my "street" car one day.

However, I got bored with that one and I am spending all of my free time lately on a 95 S10 "non electronics" bracket racer. So far I have extended the wheel base 8" and I am currently fabricating a new firewall set back 4" . Next will be the cage and steering then shortening the 12 bolt and rear clip. Hopefully it will go mid 10's. This one is for "stress relief".

Previous cars....
56 Belair 327 4spd, 12bolt was my first project I was 14 yrs old finished in 2 yrs. I made a lot of mistakes, but I built it myself totally from the pan to the paint.
67 SS 396 Chevelle (the one that got away... I mean I gave away...).
71 LS5 454 Corvette Convertible (another one I miss dearly)
78 L82 Corvette (Fastest stock "smog motor" I have seen 13.26 @ 3700#)
(remember the 70's)
I have a lot of "mechanical" experience but I am currently trying to learn "metal working"... I am really allergic to "bondo". Although I am a certified pipe welder, I find working with the "thin stuff" is quite a challenge. I am currently thinking about the DHC 2000 torch and that is how I found this forum. Thanks in advance as I am always trying to learn something new so I tend to ask a lot of questions.... I only hope I can help others along the way.

·
Super Moderator
18,348 Posts
welcome......seems like you have been around.......and a Chevy guy.... :thumbup: .an extra welcome for that..... :welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts