Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYONE. MY NAME IS MIKE AND I HAVE A REALLY BIG FAVOR TO ASK OF SOMEONE WHO MAY KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE A 67 MUSTANG THAT I JUST FINISHED REBUILDING THE ENGINE FOR AFTER THREE YEARS AND I I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IT EVERSINCE I PULLED THE MOTOR OUT.WELL I FINISHED THE MOTOTR BUT THE 1 THING THAT I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT IS HOW TO PUT THE LINKAGE FOR THE CLUTCH PEDAL BACK TOGETHER AND ITS BEEN ALMOST THREE MONTHS AND OVER THAT TIME PERIOD I HAVE ASKED 17 DIFFERENT PARTS STORES AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME HOW THIS WEIRD HORSE SHOE Z-BAR LOOKIN THING GOES BACK ON SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND THANKS AGAIN FORD FANS

MIKE

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
You need to get a Mustang repair manual.............

Moving this to tranny-drivetrain forum. You will get better responses there.

BTW........welcome.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I changed my 65 from an automatic to manual but it was many years ago. The rod from the clutch petal goes through the firewall and hooks to one side of the z bar. The z bar goes between the ball on the block and the frame bracket. Then the rod goes from the z bar to the pivot arm going to the throw out bearing. the rod for the clutch petal should have a place for a cotter pin on both ends. The rod for the transmmission side will be pointed or slightly rounded on the transmissikon end. You should be able to hold the z bar in place to figure out which end goes toward the block. The spring should go from the cletch pivot arm to the block bracket somewhere. Hope this is what you needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts