Hot Rod Forum banner

hello fellow rodders

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  BigEd36 
#1 ·
name is bob i have a 64 c10 all original it seems to skip time a little im in the process of changing cam,lifters timing gears.any recommendations on cam? and can i hot it up a tad bit? thanks all.

#2 ·
welcome

Hi Bob,
Of course you can liven up the cam a little. Depends on how you use your truck, but if you're just looking for a little better throttle response and low end torque you can something along the lines of a Comp Cam High Energy cam...great little cam. I use them in a couple of my work trucks and they perform better then stock and actually seem to have improved fuel mileage also. But...it really doesn't have that lopey idle...pretty smooth with just a barely audible skip in the idle

#6 ·
vinnie as of now just keeping it running with a little performance its already lowered but i definitley need new springs im thinking as low as possible without using notches or drop spindles you know the rolling project.lol.but definitley cam lifters and timing gears head was rebuilt lastyear.thanks any and all suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated

#12 ·
In addition to Clifford Performance and Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Co. already mentioned here are some other sites devoted to inline 6 performance and parts.

Inliners International devoted to all Inline powered vehicles

Hotsixes.com

Autowerks - 250/292 products

Info about lump heads for the inline sixes

Bobby, don't discount the capabilities of the Chevy sixes, they're great little engines. Cams and other parts are available to really make 'em go! For an example, the attachment is a screen shot from the Howards Cams catalog with the listings for 194, 230, and 250 sixes. (In these listings the "Note 1" at the right means "Stock (O.E.) valve springs can not be used".

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.