Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum:

Just trying to learn more about the specs of a refurbished classic truck I may buy.
Possible HP & towing capacity? Bellow are the limited specs I know below.

Casting 3970010 small block 350 V8 that was rebuilt
TH350 trans.
4x4
Ede carb w/elec choke on an alum intake.

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,229 Posts
Post a picture of the RPO tag if you can.

Year make model is also helpful as Poncho said.

Welcome to hotrodders :welcome:

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,403 Posts
New to forum:

Just trying to learn more about the specs of a refurbished classic truck I may buy.
Possible HP & towing capacity? Bellow are the limited specs I know below.

Casting 3970010 small block 350 V8 that was rebuilt
TH350 trans.
4x4
Ede carb w/elec choke on an alum intake.

Thanks
The info we have so far puts it somewheres between 125 - 500 HP... seriously...

Maybe the seller has more info...

Most likely it can tow 5,000 lbs. or more... What are you wanting to tow?

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,437 Posts
Welcome...:thumbup:

The "rebuilt" part of the engine description is particularly important, as it could be built for anything between stone stock and top fuel.
Like Buzz said, need much more info to even begin to guesstimate hp/torque.

I have a '38 Chev coupe with a "mild" 350 that I pull our 3500# travel trailer with. The engine was built by the previous owner for a blower and now has a carb, so compression is low...around 8-8.5. On a chassis dyno it puts 230 hp to the ground, so is around 350 hp gross ??? It does OK, even in the Smokey Mountains, but I have a 200R4 trans for more gear ratios in the trans, and 3.42 axle ratio. It won't hold converter lock up much in 4th gear, so I have a B&M controller to get the converter to lock in 3rd and that works quite well for most situations.

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,403 Posts
Welcome...:thumbup:

The "rebuilt" part of the engine description is particularly important, as it could be built for anything between stone stock and top fuel.
Like Buzz said, need much more info to even begin to guesstimate hp/torque.

I have a '38 Chev coupe with a "mild" 350 that I pull our 3500# travel trailer with. The engine was built by the previous owner for a blower and now has a carb, so compression is low...around 8-8.5. On a chassis dyno it puts 230 hp to the ground, so is around 350 hp gross ??? It does OK, even in the Smokey Mountains, but I have a 200R4 trans for more gear ratios in the trans, and 3.42 axle ratio. It won't hold converter lock up much in 4th gear, so I have a B&M controller to get the converter to lock in 3rd and that works quite well for most situations.
OP looks like another one hit wonder who isn't coming back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts