Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there im from perth and i have a 1940 dodge pickup that i want to restore.
was thinking it would be better to put a chassis from a newer car with better suspension under the body and tray.
its 114 inch wheelbase so anyone any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Is that Perth Ontario or a different Perth? If memory serves me correctly, an early Ford Ranger had a 114 inch wheel base, early 90's vintage (1990, 91 era). The one I'm familiar with came with a 4.0 L.

Hope this helps.

Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perth western australia
i knew there was a perth in wales but didnt know there was one in canada
thanks for the tip about the ford ranger im googling it now as i type this!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome from Canada!

I have a '50 Ford pickup waiting to be worked on so I have done some research. Found swap1 site about putting it on an S10 Chevy frame. The wheelbase is the same as yours. Even if you don't use the S10 I think it will give you a lot of information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the link crownver i have it bookmarked :D

as for the ford ranger they didnt have them in australia until 2006 i found. before that they were sold as a ford courier and they have a different wheelbase according to wikipedia.
im gonna have to go the trainstation carpark and start measuring every ute i find

·
Registered
677 Posts
Personally, my plan is to use the existing suspension on the '50 Ford. It's not rally material, but if in good shape, very drivable. I have a newer Ford Explorer rear for it, which gives me rear discs, posi, and decent gearing. I have a Toyota pickup power steering box which will work for that truck without to many modifications. Will go with a disc brake set up on front too of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.