Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just registered here and hope to find a new home . I am a refugee of sorts from the HAMB.
I have been building Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles all my life I am Currently building a 27 Ford T Coupe. I was told over at the HAMB I was not welcome there as I was violating there "Traditional" hot rod rules. I mentioned I was going to use Airbags and Fuel injection and was immediately told I don't belong there. Oh lets not forget I have been a member of that zoo since before 2004. I was happy to go as the place is full of Self inflated egos and people whom have nothing better to do than attack someone just because they can and get away with it.

I am looking forward to making friends and sharing ideas and thoughts.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Hi, I just registered here and hope to find a new home . I am a refugee of sorts from the HAMB.
I have been building Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles all my life I am Currently building a 27 Ford T Coupe. I was told over at the HAMB I was not welcome there as I was violating there "Traditional" hot rod rules. I mentioned I was going to use Airbags and Fuel injection and was immediately told I don't belong there. Oh lets not forget I have been a member of that zoo since before 2004. I was happy to go as the place is full of Self inflated egos and people whom have nothing better to do than attack someone just because they can and get away with it.

I am looking forward to making friends and sharing ideas and thoughts.
There is censorship everywhere Rip, even on Hotrodders. You'll be ok if you just stick to cars and trucks and don't try to make a statement about anything that's on the national or world news. :eek:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Those "traditional hot rodding" guys are mostly too young to remember what went on in the early days anyway... so they have redefined it with their own "new set of old rules"! LOL! :)~

Here we embrace things like building them the way YOU like... and nice workmanship too! :)

Welcome.

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, Thanks Guys, This is nice, actually a welcome here and not "Why are you here, What is the secret handshake and I don't like your name" That is basically what was happening at the other forum.

I like this place already, I am a Car,Motorcycle,Airplane, sort a guy. You not going to get politics or crap like that from me. I have been asked if I ever talked about anything except, cars or motorcycles.

Once I get comfortable here I will bring out the Current Build Project (A 27 T Coupe) as I am just getting started on it finally.

Thanks again everyone for the friendly welcome. Oh and my Worshington neighbors, Hi. Hope to meet some of you local. :cool:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
There is still a lot you can learn on the H.A.M.B. I started a Social Group there in 2009 and some of the guys have "gone outside the box " in a Social Group you can bend the rules a little more,there are subjects you can discuss but on the main board best to "watch your tongue" ;) and play by the rules.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
T project

lots of T's running around.. now the air bag.. what u gonna use that for other then the obvious.. and we like pic's of projects too..
are u into james bond movies ?? ejection seat ????

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is still a lot you can learn on the H.A.M.B. I started a Social Group there in 2009 and some of the guys have "gone outside the box " in a Social Group you can bend the rules a little more,there are subjects you can discuss but on the main board best to "watch your tongue" ;) and play by the rules.
Hi JeffB,
I totally agree with you about lots of good information on the HAMB. I have learned a lot of things there. I still go and read articles but as for participation No way and as for sharing info about me and my projects. I had posted in tools my conversion of a 14" wood band saw to steel cutting. When I left I took everything with me. I don't share things with people that act like a bunch of immature imbeciles. The first guy to attack me there was a 41 year old child. From reading his previous posts he is a lazy young lad that has other people build his cars for him. He thinks he is the expert!!! hahahaha

OK I am so over them now. So lets get on with building KOOL Things.:cool:

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lots of T's running around.. now the air bag.. what u gonna use that for other then the obvious.. and we like pic's of projects too..
are u into james bond movies ?? ejection seat ????
Hello Delawarebill, Thanks for the welcome. Yep Airbags, A friend of mine said I didn't need em as I had enough hot air in me I could fly to the east coast. ha ha But actually I talked with a guy from the H**B who has a 27 RPU on 32 rails whom uses the same bags on the back of his RPU. In fact I got his frame drawings and the way they will mount I gain space in the trunk for my fuel tank. I could have gone with coil overs or coil springs but the bags really fit the bill. Oh after getting jumped on about the bags over there I see a new thread where someone else and several long time members are discusing installing air bags on a hot rod and approving it..

Oh well I like it here better already.. Who knows by the time I finish this project I might have it setting on reversed leafs, or quarter elliptical, or something crazier.

I have been known to build things "Out of the Box" and sometimes its good and sometimes I make a mistake.

Let me just give you an insight to me. I love to make things, Lots of things, and I love to try new things, To me creating, building, and re building is my true nature. When I was 8 years old I found an old international 3 speed transmission in the garage my dad had removed from his 56 PU. I asked him if I could play with it. It was wore out to him and was just so much scrap lying around. He says Knock yourself out. I spent all summer reading about how to take it apart and put it back together again. By the end of summer I knew how that transmission worked what made the gears shift and how to tear it down and put it back together again. When I was confident with my knowledge I took the transmission all apart and laid the pieces out in order on the floor. I called my dad over and showed him what I had done. He looks at me and says "But can you put it back together and make it shift and work". He left and I reassembled the transmission and when I finished I called him back and showed him a functional transmission. Of course syncros were worn bearings were worn out and such but the transmission worked. My dad said "Your getting better" he turned to walk away and I could see that Big proud smile on his face and man what a great feeling being able to do something that made my dad smile.

During that summer I knew what I loved the most was taking things apart and putting them back together again and making things work. My friends all wanted to go play football baseball and things like that. I wanted to go out to the garage and work on something.. I been that way ever since..
I guess I could be a true motor head..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts