Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an artist who enjoys illustrating hot rods. More specifically, traditional, old school rods. You know, white walls, old paint, rust, padlocks on doors, Chevy rearends with flathead v8s. The kind of driveway engineering that made this hobby into the national obsession that it is today. What I would really like to draw, are the truly odd aspects of hot rod fabrication. For example; Dropping a car so low, that the dash must be frenched, in order to accommodate the shifter lever. Or using a three pulley system just to actuate the throttle. These are some of the things people are doing, and it blows me away every time I go to a show. One guy actually had a straight metal wire running through his windshield to the choke. That's how he used it. Iv'e wrenched on cars all my life, but Iv'e never done anything as outrageous as some of these folks. As an artist, I try to depict the illusion of "what if" engineering, and I can come up with some off the wall stuff, but what some of you are doing for real, just blows me away. Hats off to ya.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,245 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.....we are glad to have you with us. :welcome:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You

Thank you for the welcome, all of you. I am trying to upload some artwork, but I'm having a hard time of it. It's either something with the files, or the computer actuator. OK, I can get one to load, the rest are too large in file size, so I'll have to figure out how to get around that. I'm pretty knew at this stuff. Anyway, the resolution is not very good on this, but let me know what you think. The medium is pen and ink, it's entitled; This Is My Desk.

Inkwork

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
That's a great piece!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Nice dropped bolt eye view.

You pics are to large. You will have to resize them. Most computers come with a program that will allow you to do that. They will have to be 300 KB or less to upload. Or you can host them somewhere else and give a link to them. If you don't have a program let us know and we can send you to a site to download a free one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Homebrew,
I would love to add a link, but I'm not too sure how to do it. Do I need to do a little HTML, or can I just list the address? I don't want to list the address if I'm not supposed to.
inkwork

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Inkwork, I checked out your site, very nice work!

I'll be starting a build on a 34 ford Tudor sedan with 2 small block Chevys bolted end to end powering this car. The car is fender-less and has a 34 Chevy grill. The body is channeled and the car is nowhere near being completed. The body is rust and there is no filler panel for the roof. There is a beer keg for the gas tank and I would kinda like to see what this may look like when it's done.

I'm not trying to make a shiny expensive hotrod, actually paint may not be introduced... (you cant scratch what you don't have!) I would like this car to be one that is different and I can drive anywhere.

Where might your imagination take me on this build?? If you can draw it, maybe I can attempt to incorporate some of it in the build?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

~Joe Ferrero
Geneseo, NY

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts