Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Fred. Now that I've become a retired person I find I have an interest in keeping old cats running far longer than OEM intended. For example I finally had to give up on a Honda Civic @ 348k when somebody bad stole the ECU out of it.

Now my wife's old BMW (198k) is having heating problems. I've literly replaced everything except the engine block to no avail. Yes, all that probably cost more than the car would bring but it wasn't all done at once and this is a great car (when it's not overheating).

G

·
what year is it?

does it have an electric fan?
could be a 3 dollar thermostat.

post the year and i'll let you know the common overheating issues with that year.

·
Duster 340
11 Posts
if you have replaced everything, and I ask, radiator. hoses, water pump, thermostat, belts, correct mixture of anti freeze. Have you flushed the system. Could be a plugged port. Does the water pump fit into the block with the block having the smooth housing where a plastic vane fits into it? You may want to pull the pump out and check to see if it is the correct pump. My Audi was overheating and actually had an air lock. I had never experienced an air lock in a cooling system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.