Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my name is Seth, I live in colorado at "high elevation"... I drive a 81 firebird esprit as a daily car. she's my baby :)
I paint cars for a living.
don't really know what else to say...
um, I was raised a "GM boy" in my dads bodyshop where I go dirt biking almost every day. I'm into the odd ball pontiac stuff and i'm going to start on a 301 turbo project soon, with a 326 crank, "big block" pontiac heads and a homemade intake manifold. I'm out to prove that a muscle car, when set up correctly, can be a well handling powerful car that gets good mileage and will smoke all the foreign crap and look better doing it!

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
So my name is Seth, I live in colorado at "high elevation"... I drive a 81 firebird esprit as a daily car. she's my baby :)
I paint cars for a living.
don't really know what else to say...
um, I was raised a "GM boy" in my dads bodyshop where I go dirt biking almost every day. I'm into the odd ball pontiac stuff and i'm going to start on a 301 turbo project soon, with a 326 crank, "big block" pontiac heads and a homemade intake manifold. I'm out to prove that a muscle car, when set up correctly, can be a well handling powerful car that gets good mileage and will smoke all the foreign crap and look better doing it!
Welcome to Hotrodders from another Pontiac guy. First off, there are no "big block" Pontiac engines. All Pontiac engines were the same size externally, including the 287, 316, 347, 370, 326, 389, 421, 350(354), 400, 428, and 455, until the shorter deck 301 and 265. If I'm not mistaken, the 301 has a smaller main journal than the 3" journal of the 326/350/400, so you will need to address that problem.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Hotrodders from another Pontiac guy. First off, there are no "big block" Pontiac engines. All Pontiac engines were the same size externally, including the 287, 316, 347, 370, 326, 389, 421, 350(354), 400, 428, and 455, until the shorter deck 301 and 265. If I'm not mistaken, the 301 has a smaller main journal than the 3" journal of the 326/350/400, so you will need to address that problem.

Bill
it's funny that you mention no "big blocks" but you knew exactly what i was talking about... that's why it was in quotations in the first place.

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
I guess I see too many references to Pontiac "big blocks", usually from some one trying to sell an engine. If you have any questions about your build plans, ask in the appropriate section and I'll try to answer them. I live to race a traditional Pontiac powered '64 GTO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.