Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to All!! My name is Stan, I'm new to building a Hot Rod from the ground up, but not new to metal working. I'm a resent retired Marine Boilermaker with 44,000 hours in the Shipyards and Shops. I have alot of tools of the trade, Tig welder Wire welder Late, grinders torch etc.
My son Jesse is a fab man at a race car shop in Puyallup WA. They work on high end vintage race cars, Ferrari, Cobras, the kind that I will never be able to think of driving!
Jesse and I just picked up a 29 model A tudor. We are going to build a hot rod and we will drive it this summer! The A model is rusty but nothing that patch panels can't fix. We are going to use a 9" ford the one that came out of an early Bronco with a small block chev. Start with what we have, and build the rest!! We can't wait to get started. Stan & Jesse!!

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders guys....sounds like you have a good project. Have fun! :welcome:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Stan Thompson said:
Merry Christmas to All!! My name is Stan, I'm new to building a Hot Rod from the ground up, but not new to metal working. I'm a resent retired Marine Boilermaker with 44,000 hours in the Shipyards and Shops. I have alot of tools of the trade, Tig welder Wire welder Late, grinders torch etc.
My son Jesse is a fab man at a race car shop in Puyallup WA. They work on high end vintage race cars, Ferrari, Cobras, the kind that I will never be able to think of driving!
Jesse and I just picked up a 29 model A tudor. We are going to build a hot rod and we will drive it this summer! The A model is rusty but nothing that patch panels can't fix. We are going to use a 9" ford the one that came out of an early Bronco with a small block chev. Start with what we have, and build the rest!! We can't wait to get started. Stan & Jesse!!
Welcome Stan and Jesse!

Stan - Congrats on the retirement!

Hmmm...I grew up in Puyallup, most my family still lives there, and my last name is hauntingly the same as yours...But, I can't recall having any relatives with your first name :D My brother is a Sergeant on the Puyallup Police force as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts