Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I was replacing the battery, it's in the trunk, on my 68 Camaro, when my wife asked if she could "help". I heard a snap and smelled the dreaded burnt plastic. I yanked the cables off! Well, I don't think they taught "+" or "-" in Louisiana schools! If they did she was texting!

I found the burnt line and replaced. It was an "acc" line. I put key in the ignition and NOTHING !!

My question:pain::pain::pain: Where do I start? I know the "+" line runs directly to the starter, do you think that the starter solenoid is fried? Would that be the best plce to look? What should I look for?

Oh, yea! I JUST GOT EVERYTHING DIALED IN! I was dressing everything in! Typical!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
1st see if you have pwr going to the starter, 2nd there should be a wire going from the + cable lug on the starter to your pwr distro (fuse box or a common + terminal) since your car has been modified it's hard to tell...... anyway from there you should have a fuseable link (orange wire I think) check on the fusebox side of that link..... if the link is blown NAPA sells them or you could do like I did and route everything through a 70 AMP Maxi fuse (except the starter cable), that way it's really easy to replace etc...

Has the car been re-wired or just the battery re-located?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.