Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1970 C10 short bed pickup and for the past two months i've been build an awesome 358 to go in it, but theres one big problem. What i have for an intake is a tunnel ram with dual carbs and a bug catcher scoop to top off the engine. I all read knew i was going to either have to cut a hole in the hood or get a cowl hood because from the bottom of the ram to the top of the bug catcher measures about 23 inches, so there is noway this thing is going to fit under a stock hood. So just before i pulled the old engine out i took off the intake and put on the tunnel ram. I then notice the back carb goes about an inch into the firewall concave section and clears the top of the fire wall by about a half inch. This is without the two inch spacer between the carb and scoop and then there is the 6 inch scoop. So after doing some measuring i figured i can move the engine foward 4 inches before my headers hit the crossmember. If i could do this this would fix my problem. But i'm concern on how the added weight on the front will make the truck handle and ride. I'm all ready counting on bolting some lead to the back of the frame but will that fix the weight shift. If you can please help. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Henry Highrise said:
If you move it forward 4 inches.....where will that put the fan in relation with the radiator?
Moving the engine foward 4 inches will put the fan about an inch or two from the radiator with it being that close i wont be running a shroud.

Thanks 348chevy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.