Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEGUN PUTTING A DURASPARK IGNITION SYSTEM ON A CAR IM BUILDING,THE DISTIBUTOR THAT CAME OUT WAS TFI,THE SHAFTS BELOW THE CAM GEAR ARE DIFFERENT LENGTHS(TFI 1 1/2")(DURASPARK 1") I CANT FIND A DURASPARK DISTRIBUTOR WITH A 1 1/2" SHAFT BELOW THE GEAR:pain: ALL INTERMEDIATE SHAFTS ARE THE SAME LENGTH FOR ALL 302'S1981-2000 HOW CAN I GET AROUND THIS PROBLEM? THANKS:confused:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
First off stop shouting...you have your cap lock on and that means your shouting...Don't..... Are you SURE you have the correct distributor for this application? Just sounds like you have to get another distributor that fits your application. Are you positive of what year your engine is?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first off i am truely sorry for the caps it was not intensional,and my engine is a 1985,they did make a duraspark distributor in 1985 for the mustang but even that distributor is an 1/2 inch too short,thanks for looking

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
shaft

Doc here:pimp:

Not a Ford guy at all, but could you swap the old shaft into the new distributor To make clearance? If it's only the bottom length, then I would think you could get away with it.

Just a thought..

Doc :pimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts