Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
casting numbers

I am a beginner at decoding these numbers so the best I can tell you is your engine is a 1990- and came from a galaxie. Thats what FOAE stands for.
The other group-2H15- might be a date code depending on the application. You didn't say where it was. It might mean 1992-august-15. Thats the best I can do. I haven't found enough information to clearly understand the ford casting code yet. good luck.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
freewafrog said:
I am a beginner at decoding these numbers so the best I can tell you is your engine is a 1990 (DESIGN) and came from a galaxie (FORD). Thats what FOAE stands for (Third Character A is for full size).

The other group-2H15- might be (IS) a date code depending on the application. You didn't say where it was. It might mean 1992-august-15 (Date of Casting). Thats the best I can do. I haven't found enough information to clearly understand the ford casting code yet. good luck.
The alpha character in the date code is the month (in this example-there is more than one system). Twelve sequenced alpha characters (A thru M) but not I (easily confused with 1) are used to identify the month of the year.

For somebody that doesn't understand something, you understand it pretty well... :thumbup:

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
The F stands for the 1990's the 0 is for 1990 the A stands for full sized ford cars, the E stands for engine. The 6015 is the engineering number and the AA is the number of revisions so it is on its 27 revision. There were no Galaxies made after the late 60's, the nameplate was changed to the LTD, so A stands for fullsized cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.