Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have a block (well, complete bottom end) that has the casting number (on the block under the heads) 85563557, and I think this is where I'm supposed to look, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

This number doesn't appear on any list I can find, and isn't even close.

I believe it is a Chevy 327, and may be an industrial engine from the mid 60's. But I could be way off here. It has the right bore for a 327, 4", but again please correct me if I'm wrong.

ANY THOUGHTS??????

Thanks
James

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
onefastchevy said:
Hey Guys

I have a block (well, complete bottom end) that has the casting number (on the block under the heads) 85563557, and I think this is where I'm supposed to look, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

This number doesn't appear on any list I can find, and isn't even close.

I believe it is a Chevy 327, and may be an industrial engine from the mid 60's. But I could be way off here. It has the right bore for a 327, 4", but again please correct me if I'm wrong.

ANY THOUGHTS??????

Thanks
James
Look for the casting number around the distributor

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The casting number will be on the drivers side bell housing flange. If it`s a 1 piece rear main seal it will either ready 5.7 or 5.0 and the casting number will be futher up the bell housing flange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.