Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am interested in building a hot rod here in South Africa but unfortunately the price of American vehicles are very high over this side of the pond.
I found this for sale at a good price but I am not sure as to what it is.
It is a 1932 something with a 289 Studebaker V8 in it.

I did a basic search through the main manufacturers (Ford, Chevy, etc) but it does not look like any of them.

·
More for Less Racer
20,450 Posts
If it was in the US, I'd say it was a hodgepodge of parts from several different makes just bolted together to make a car, as it isn't a stock anything complete on the outer body. Fenders, running boards, grill shell, headlight pods and hood all don't seem to match the main body.

Sort of a cleanly painted "rat rod".

Can't say if the same is true in a foreign market though, as I can't recognize older parts like that in a foreign country where models were different than US.

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,496 Posts
I'd say it was a hodgepodge of parts from several different makes just bolted together to make a car
Most people attending car shows don't know what an old car is even after you tell them...

I like the looks of it, looks fun, that's why I said grab it if the price is right and you like it...

I found this for sale at a good price but I am not sure as to what it is. ... It is a 1932 something with a 289 Studebaker V8 in it
Looks a bit newer than 1932... Have you seen it in person? I don't see any engine in it, I see the bricks on the ground where an engine should be. Looks like aluminum A-arms... Don't send any money without seeing it up close... Make sure it's not in Nigeria... Expect documentation/title... It's worth more if it drives... and drives well... everything works... need a list of what each part is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts