Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.
I'm cleaning out my dad's garage, and I hope someone here could help me identify this little Roots type blower in the picture. I think it's a 3-lobe.

I wish I'd taken measurements, but it's pretty small. The vanes inside are maybe 4 inches wide. Seems to be side draft.

My guess is it's German because of the DIN stamp on the bolts. There's a logo sticker that seems to read ?AG, possibly F A G, the bearing manufacturer? I don't find that they ever made blowers though.

Many thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I realize the pics I posted are kind of visually confusing, so I'll add just one more that gives a better view.

It definitely has 3 lobes. I'm just trying to determine if this is some hard to find part for a restorer or whether I should send it to the recycler. It seems to rotate fine, so that would be kind of a shame. I can't think of what (60s vintage?) European cars ran superchargers...or maybe it was for a 2-stroke diesel industrial engine. I have no idea.

Attachments

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
Looks like an early Bentley raceing supercharger from the 30s or 20s maybe ! I worked on a few when I was with "Antique Motor Car" many years ago! Not exactly the same but close!! Look up early racing blowers from the early days!

Jester

1 - 5 of 5 Posts