Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 305 but newer to where it does have sensors on it. Can someone give me information on how to wire it so I have push button ignition? I still want to be able to use the key incase something goes wrong but would like to install a switch to do push button ignition. Also does anyone know where on this type of truck or engine - 87 full size automatic v8 305 - that I install a switch so that I have a kill switch? As in engine wont turn over unless switch is turned on...

Thanks

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
switch

Doc here:pimp:

Which do you want, a Remote start button or a kill switch?

To wire a Kill switch, simply cut the "Batt" wire on your HEI plug and install the switch between the wire...

To install a remote start switch, run a wire from the "S" on the solenoid, to the Switch, the other side of the switch to the battery..You need to have the KEY on for this to start, or else it will just crank....

BE ADVISED: If you run a kill switch, you may want to add a lamp or buzzer to indicate to you it is off when the key is on, Or you may spend hours troubleshooting the fuel and fire systems when all you forgot to do is turn the kill switch on..

Doc:pimp:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts