Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on building a 400 SB for a street/strip 1970 Camaro. Specifically I want a motor that will be reliable and fit under a stock hood but will run with the best of them – while I hate to quote HP numbers, I would love to be close to 500 as I chose this motor over the ZZ502 so I could keep with the stock appearance without the cowl hood.

The base of the motor will be based on a Dart block and I have been debating between going with the “Little M” or simply buying of the preassembled Dart Short Block Assemblies with forged internals.

If anyone could give me the components, especially heads, intake and carb they would use and advice I would appreciate it – this is my first crack at this and I want to do it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[ there is a part by part build in camaro performance 12/9/02 start with 350 4 bolt main pn 10066034 3.875 crank 6" rods manley pistions comp roller campn 12-000-8 afr eliminator 195cc w/ 205 valves rpm air gap 750 carb my perferance is quick fuel tec this motor dynoed at 538 ft tq 554 hp hope this help you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.