Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a remanufactured 350. bore 060, main 010, rod 010. I don't know much more about it as far as heads or cam, etc. Any suggested for building some horsepower into it? Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
We need to know what yur going to do with this motor street, street/strip, strip, oval ect, if strip 1/4 or 1/8 mile, and how heavy of a car its going into ect. as much info as possible on what you expect from it as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kuhn-77 said:
We need to know what yur going to do with this motor street, street/strip, strip, oval ect, if strip 1/4 or 1/8 mile, and how heavy of a car its going into ect. as much info as possible on what you expect from it as well
Intent for car is primarily street. It may see a pass or two on the strip though. The car is a '72 Ventura. I have a rebuilt TH350. Was told I should get a 2000 stall? I think the engine produces 275hp or maybe 290hp as is. I would like to maybe get 350-400hp. Is that feasibly possible?

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Article "Budget Sledgehammer", PHR Popular Hot Rodding special issue attachment to the issue on the news stands NOW in plastic bag.

447 hp Vortec head for $ 3500. complete, every nut, bolt, etc. Every day street engine makes 389 lbft @ 2600 rpm !!!

I'd build it exactly as they show. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xntrik said:
Article "Budget Sledgehammer", PHR Popular Hot Rodding special issue attachment to the issue on the news stands NOW in plastic bag.

447 hp Vortec head for $ 3500. complete, every nut, bolt, etc. Every day street engine makes 389 lbft @ 2600 rpm !!!

I'd build it exactly as they show. :thumbup:
Sounds great except the $3500 part. Am I dreaming to think power can be made a little cheaper? Maybe under $2K?

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
if they use aftermaket heads that's a lot of money right there... clean up casting flash and unshroud valves (clean up extra material around valves in combustion chamber) and save a lot of money over a port/polish job or aftermarket heads.

is this a 350 sbc :) or a 350 pontiac :thumbup: ?

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
cmyoung29 said:
Sounds great except the $3500 part. Am I dreaming to think power can be made a little cheaper? Maybe under $2K?

Their price is 100% every nut and bolt. Their numbers say 447 lbft and 447 hp in an everyday driveable engine. Not too shabby. Could run low 12s in a Nova.

You already have the complete engine ready to go... That is at least $ 1000 saved. :thumbup:

Study that article, see what you need. EngineQuest Vortec iron heads, intake, carb, cam, rockers....... and sell your old stuff you don't use.

You got it made for $ 2000. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts