Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a fixer-upper of a house. While cleaning out the attic I ran across an old cardboard box stuffed between two studs.

Inside was an aluminum Schiefer Flywheel and all original manufacturer paperwork. Flywheel is marked: Schiefer, ALCOA, PAT 2719438, 30065 148, 30-30065.

US PAT-2719438 Translates to:
P. J. SCHIEFEER Um 4L, W55
ENGINE FLYWHEEL Filed Nov. 22, 1952 INVENTUR. WMJL J. SCHIEFEW ENGINE FLYWHEEL Paul J. Schiefer, La Mesa, Calif.
Application November 22, 1952, Serial No. 322,07

I haven't been able to find any information on this part to date.

Hopefully someone here can help shed some light on its application and value.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I contacted the guy on Ebay selling the "Vintage Schiefer Clutch, Flywheels, Drive Train Products Catalog" and asked him to look up the part. Here is what he said.

"30065 model number in this book is for a 62-69 mopar 361-383-414 and 426 wedge. gear teath are 130 though with a diameter of 13.210" clutch diameter 10.5" says it weighs 9 lbs. This catalog was published in 1968 and that number is listed twice for the same item."

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,127 Posts
I had a 67 Cheby Nova back in the day and had a Schiefer Aluminum Flywheel with their rev lock clutch assembly. Man what a sweet combination. Rapid rpm rise because of less mass and a clutch that just got tighter in the run..

I Loved it.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 67 Cheby Nova back in the day and had a Schiefer Aluminum Flywheel with their rev lock clutch assembly. Man what a sweet combination. Rapid rpm rise because of less mass and a clutch that just got tighter in the run..

I Loved it.:D
Any idea what something like this would be worth? $5? $50? $500?

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Try posting ths part over at racing junk dot com. They handle this kind of thing..

Sam

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,127 Posts
I would not venture a price. They are rare now a days. However a equivalent or even better flywheel are available everywhere for a reasonable price. I think the value would be in finding someone whom is restoring a period correct vehicle that just has to have it. It is a good piece of equipment but No better that what can be had now.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would not venture a price. They are rare now a days. However a equivalent or even better flywheel are available everywhere for a reasonable price. I think the value would be in finding someone whom is restoring a period correct vehicle that just has to have it. It is a good piece of equipment but No better that what can be had now.:cool:

Thank you sir. That is sound logic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts