Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know if asked before about cams, but after looking and comparing cam specs, I find this confusing.:confused:
PAW sells different cams for blowers like Crane and Crower + there own. Everyone says I should go with like the Crower kind because there designed for blowers, but the specs on the summit cams looks about the same. Example.
Crower specs: 459X288, 114 lobe seperation and [email protected]
Summit specs: 452X284, 114 lobe seperation and [email protected]
The crower is good from the 2400-6500 rpm level in the moderate boost level with 5-10 lbs of boost, so the Summit should be close to the same???? They have anothe Crower thats
506X304, 114 lobe seperation and [email protected] with Summit comparing at
488X292, 114 lobe seperation and [email protected]
The Crower is good in the 2800-7000 rpm, so the Summit should be in the 2500 or so and up range.
Whats the major diff,cause Im leanin twords the 150 dollar saving on my street engine. Hg

·
brains
1,009 Posts
I dont know about the chevys but the crower cams for fords always seemed to me that they were better suited for turbos then blowers because most had higher durations and lifts on the intake. It may not be the case for chevys since im sure they have alot more selection.

By the way you dont have to have a blower cam. I ran one of those crapy summit RV cams, at that time I think they were 49$ or 79$, cant remember which, but it got my blown datsun into the 10's. For the street blowers you dont have to have high dollar expensive cam. I would get something in the 112-114 lobe seperation and be happy with it as long as the rpm range is good for you.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Brian.
Do you think I can get away with 882 or 434 Chevy heads? There old stockers thats been ported with bigger valves.
Also, do you like 8.5-1 comp or 7.7-1 comp for the street? HG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.