Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a retrofit into My Old Jeep, and has ran fine UNTIL today..I started it up and the throttle was stuck. I have checked the cable and it is fine. I have revved it more and it goes up and then stays higher?!

I have disconnected the Battery for a hour..Hoping the computer would reset.

No luck..Any suggestions?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Forgot to ask what make/model this engine/ecu is as well as you should have checked it for codes prior to unhooking the battery......never hurts to see anyway.

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
919 Posts
Do you have an idle air control valve? If that is stuck open it will act like you are saying. Try unplugging it from the harness. Even a vacuum leak with do that too, check your hoses, even the PCV valve. Any leaks on the intake system downstream of the throttle blades will make an EFI motor idle high.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a Speed density set up on a 350 SBC with a corvette ECU..I will check all the vaccum lines, first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you check the butterflys and make sure they are closed all the way?? If they are check for a vacuum leak, and make sure the IAC is not stuck all the way open..

Mitch

NCMX1 said:
This is a retrofit into My Old Jeep, and has ran fine UNTIL today..I started it up and the throttle was stuck. I have checked the cable and it is fine. I have revved it more and it goes up and then stays higher?!

I have disconnected the Battery for a hour..Hoping the computer would reset.

No luck..Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have figured it out! I had a vaccum leak from the 9th injector plug coming out...I appreciate the help.

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts