Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a caprice with a 305. is there any way to eliminate the smog pump? it`s making alott of noise. Ok here`s the deal , i`m planning on taking the 305 ftbi motor and putting it in my `74 truck. what all of the electronics do i NEED for it to run in my truck. i`m thinking of keeping every bit of the electronics in the engine compartment seeing as how much room i have. any suggestions.

before i do the swap i`m going to change the valve stem seals B/C it smokes a lil.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
305 Tbi

could i use a rebuilt 350 block with the 305 heads and tbi unit? this tbi system is going to be installed in a 1974 chevy pickup, the 305 that is in the car has over 250,000 miles on it. it smokes on startup and continuously smokes gradually the plugs have a Lean reading. Which from my understanding could be a bad oxygen sensor. any input on this swap would be helpful and considered . :) :smash:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.