Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 65 galaxie 500, it is currently red with a white top and red interior. i want to leave the interior red, but i want to change the exterior. i would like to go with a dark metalic silver (not quite charcoal, but not as light as silver), with a white top; but, i would like to be able to touch up when needed, and i would like to be able to paint a section at a time rather than paint everything all at once. also, i want it to be (whatever color i choose) to be easy to paint and blend. so, im thinking, metalic is out.so, it looks like my options are, white (NO!!!), red (tired of), or black (YES!!!),have got to make sure that every dent caused by a bug is out or it will look like hammered dog sh*t. so any ideas on how to paint this tank that will go good with red interior and how to paint it, would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
when i done my car i needed to respaired my bonet i had 2 take it of so it was easyer to sprair i had on my undercoat and they r normaly real runny so while spairing it on i held the heat gun a few inches away from the bonet so it helped dry it faster and the with the final coat i used a my compresser held it a few inches away agin and ran it backwards and fowards but dont stop in the middle and then let it set and dry and some polish and she looks as good as new

let me no if u run it 2 any problems

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
The best thing to do is go hang around a body shop, ask if you can help out to get some hands on experience and go from there. With never having done it before it is something that you can not really learn online. It would be nice to be able to read something then apply it but that does not happen in the real world. First off, you need the equipment to be able to start body work. Hammers, dollies, welder, files, grinders, sanding blocks, asst. of papers, board files, jitterbugs, and a basic knowledge of even where to start. etc, etc. Anyone can grab some sandpaper at the local Auto store, a gallon of Bondo, slap it into a dent and sand it out, throw on a rattle can of primer and call theirself a body man but to do it right is another story. Quite a few body shops will hire a person to prep vehicles and get them ready for paint. You might not make very much but the experience you gain is priceless.

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts