Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a few questions I'm finally getting a 350 to replace the 305 in my 83 monte carlo I have a few questions first off the casting number is 3970010 does anyone happen to know how much hp this put out I belive I read between 250&375 I think he said it was out of a corvette or a nove can't remember Ill find out tomorrow.Well I plan on oce I get it buying a double roller timing chain out of either jegs or summit can anyone suggest one to buy?I'm gonna replace all of the gaskets use my intake carb&headers put on a new set of plugs&wires &once I find out the compression maybe buy a mild cam&I (MAY) use my 305 heads once I have them ported there 58cc heads&that's about all for now so basically just can you help me with how much hp&What's a good idea for a timimg chain also will my alternator ,starter off of my 305 work?I mean I bought my alt the day before I threw a rod&my starter a few weeks before that.Well thanx guys!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
everything off of your 305 will bolt right on to your 350 as long as you use the same brackets in the front and the same flexplate or flywheel. i would highly suggest using your 305 heads too just get them ported and polished i have done this to a couple of my engines and it makes a world of a difference

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.