Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 70 chevelle with a pretty stout 454, with th 400 , with 2500 stall.
rear gears are 3.2?? ratio 12 bolt posi . have eldebrock trailing arms and no- hop traction bars . springs are brand new little stiffer than my old worn out ones, i might put the old ones back on. put some 10.5 wide 28 in tall 15/s m/t slicks. still spins what else can i do?????? please help.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the road tried diffrent kinds of asphalt. but this motor was in a 68 camaro with trac bars 3.73 or 4.10 gears still spun on the trac. but any ways what can i do for the chevelle my front springs are worn out and have a lot of play.

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
You might be asking too much for it to hook up on the street. You should get better traction on concrete than asphalt.
Try it at the dragstrip once, just because the camaro spun doesn't mean that the chevelle will.
How old are the slicks?

·
Super Moderator
18,352 Posts
In the 70s I had pretty much the same setup........Of course, back then, the in thing was to raise the rear a little.....This killed my traction to the point of actually getting wheel hop. I found, that when I lowered the back end back down where it belonged, the traction increased dramaticlly.............allowed the car to squat a bit and allowed for good weight transfer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the slicks we bought used still in good condition., thanks for your help... i will try lowering the rear end. and put the old springs back in.....thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts