Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 nova and she needs a lot of work. She had a 69 Carburetor in her and it was crap. I took it out and replaced it with a 77 carb i got off a guy who collected,stripped and sold novas and parts.

I figured with the new carb hooked up and everything, she would atleast start up and run for awhile. However, this didn't happen. We did solve the fuel leak problem from the carb she was having but she still won't stay running.

We believe we need the vacuum lines hooked up for this girl to get some spunk back.

I own a Chilton and have looked through Chilton's at the library but I can not find anything on the vacuum lines for this car.

Can anyone help me, please. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
You mean you tried to start it with the vacuum ports wide open? If so it`s not supposed to start. If it did it would be running so lean it wouldn`t have taken much time before it burned a hole through the piston.
Without having a vacuum map, it`s easy to figure out what goes where. The Vacuum advance goes to a manifold source (any source that pulls vacuum full time, even at idle) The lines running to the heater box that operates the vent control in the dash connects to a manifold source. If the carb is a Quadrajet the brake booster connects to the single entry base plate on the back bottom of the carb. The PCV connects to the large 3/8`s bung that`s usually located in the front bottom of the carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.